Mission and Philosophy
Academic Excellence, Creativity and Community Engagement
The mission of The Phoenix School is to develop global citizens who are compassionate, creative and technologically proficient individuals in a dynamic and interconnected world. Students, teachers and parents of diverse backgrounds join together to integrate the knowledge, values and leadership necessary for students to participate actively within their families and communities, now and into the future.
The Phoenix School is a place where …
- Learning is an adventure.
- Basic skills come alive as tools leading to further knowledge, not as ends in themselves.
- Excellence comes from challenge, curiosity, and hard work.
- Kids of different ages work and learn together in mutually beneficial ways.
- Respect for one another and taking responsibility for one’s actions are integral parts of the school experience.
- Kids and teachers of diverse backgrounds work and learn together.
- The creative arts are an integral part of the curriculum.
- Kids care — about themselves, about their community, about the world.
- Parents are active partners in their child’s education.
- Teachers come to learn.